Sunday, March 6, 2011

Greetings and Reflections

    Many times I have thought that I was born about a hundred years too late!  As we read through the Little House Series, yet again, I am enamored by the pioneer spirit which has carried the human race into century after century.  I am intrigued by the perserverance, tenacity, adventure,  excitement of discovery, and faith found in my favorite historical heroes.

    The spirit of the pioneer is what has sustained the memory of the Lord  through all generations since the beginning of creation.  This pioneer spirit is what has allowed the gospel to persist through 2010 years.  The telling of all God's wonderous works and the retelling of His great glory has made the name of the Lord famous for thousands of years.   

     As I ponder the past year, I scrutinize the decisions and activities our family has participated in to determine if we have lived a life that, as individuals and as a family, will carry forth the memory of the Lord into future generations.  Through our business endeavors, sports and music activities, homeschool, and daily routine I see that many days just happened.  My tendancy is to believe the lie, that no difference was made through our lives in this world for the advancement of the Kingdom of God.  This is a lie, there is no truth in these words.  Many people have left their mark on history by living rather ordinary lives. 

    Having had the opportunity  this last year to be reaquainted with the lives of many heroes of the Christian faith, I realize that in actuality I was meant to be - here, now, for such a time as this.  I have a purpose and I have a destiny, God made me for His glory. Through my life the glory of His story will be known. 

    All of us are living history everyday!  We have been chosen to continue the history that began at creation, continued through the birth of Jesus, and will not end until the Lord returns.  How exciting that the God of All is writing His story through our lives!!!  Through us, the memory of the Lord and the fame of His name will continue through all generations!!! 

    I will perpetuate Your memory through all generations;
therefore the nations will praise You forever and ever.  Psalm 45:17

No comments:

Post a Comment